Moderatto is a Mexican pop-rock group famous for their glamorous/ironic style of music.
They began playing in the mid-nineties in Mexico City, as a parody of the glamorous style of many 80's bands like Poison and Mötley Crüe; it began as a side project to the members' original bands, but eventually became quite popular among members of the Mexican alternative scene. With the coming to the mainstream of many underground interests, they became widely popular.
They launched their mainstream debut CD, Resurrección in 2001. This album re-awakened the Mexican feeling for wannabe Pop Rock, and quickly gained popularity with their first single "Márchate Ya" and the later "Isabel". In November 2004 they launched Detector de Metal, whose first single Muriendo Lento featuring female pop singer Belinda, was a huge hit that gave Moderatto massive appeal. Since the launch of Detector de Metal, the band has been giving huge concerts that have been completely sold out in Mexico's most important arenas, like the Auditorio Nacional and Teatro Metropolitan.
Moderatto released a new album at the end 2006 titled ¡GRRRR!. The first single off of ¡GRRRR! is Sentimettal, which in 3 weeks climbed all the way to #3 in the Mexican Top 40.
Despite perceiving themselves as metal, members of the band have received the criticism of some metal fans who said than the band is more pop rock.
Following Sentimettal, Moderatto released their next single, Si Mi Delito Es Rockear (Me Declaro Culpable).
On 2008 the Queremos Rock comes out, it includes 8 songs written by them and 2 covers.
Carisma their last studio album, was released in October 2012. With singles Entrégate and Gracias being a success.
* Brian Amadeus Moderatto: Lead Singer/Guitar/Piano.
* Xavi Moderatto: Bass/Vocals
* Mick Marcy: Lead Guitar
* Roy Ochoa Avilés: Guitar/Synthesizer
* Elohim Corona: Drums (2003-)
* Jethro Rubio: Drums (1990-2000)
* Eddie Van Helden: Drums (2001-2003)
* Musica Futura
* Viernes 10 P.M.
* Sueños Polaroid
* Nosotros te Rockeamos
* Chava Rock
* Resurrexión (2001)
* El Detector de Metal (2004)
* Nos vemos en el invierno (2005)
* En Directo... Ponte Loco! (2006)
* ¡Grrrr! (2006) #7 (MEX)
* Queremos Rock (2008)
Famous Cover Songs
* Aerosmith Walk This Way (music)
* Calo Capitan
* Eduardo Capetillo La Mujer que no soñé
* Cristian Castro No podras
* Hombres G Sueltate el Pelo
* Joan Jett and The Blackhearts Quiero Rock n roll
* The Knack My Sharona como Chaperona
* Luis Miguel Isabel, Palabra de Honor
* Miguel Bosé Marchate Ya
* Mónica Naranjo Solo se vive una vez
* Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train (intro)
* Parchis Ganador
* T. Rex Get it on (music)
* The Sweet Reventon (Ballroom Blitz)
* Tucanes de Tijuana A mi me gusta vivir de noche
* Thalía Un Pacto entre los Dos
* Timbiriche Muriendo Lento (featuring Belinda Peregrin)
* Yuri Dame un beso
* Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love guitar solo in Marchate Ya
* Twisted Sister We're Not Gonna Take It (music for a commercial) Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.